Holsim's Interlocking Bovine is a flat-pack, transportable training mannequin for classroom teaching of calving techniques. This interlocking birthing cow is made from premium grade plywood pieces that slot and bolt together for easy set up and pack down.
- Veterinary students are provided with the opportunity to experience the calving process in a controlled environment with clear assessment and feedback from the tutor. Once the student has this initial training, they are well prepared to get the most out of live animal training and the experiences that follow.
- Please note you must also purchase a birthing calf to utilise this model.
- The calf is placed in the uterus bag and liberally covered with the provided simulated amniotic fluid. The bag is then zipped up and the hood closed ready for the student to practice their technique.
- The life like calf can be placed in the Birthing Cow's uterus in a range of positions allowing students to experience both easy and complicated procedures where the calf needs to be manipulated in the uterus prior to birthing.
- The vaginal entrance zips onto the uterus bag, to access the calf.
- The bovine also allows practice of milking with the bolt on milking udder , which has interchangeable teats for both milking and mastitis treatment applications.
- The top cage of the bovine is easily lifted off to set up and pack down the uterus bag, calf, etc.
- The interlocking bovine has a carry handles on both the hinged base and the front of the bovine for moving it from place to place.
Features & Benefits
- Modelled from actual bovine anatomy. Each cow has its own pelvis, uterus, rectum and birth canal.
- Techniques to manage the calf and provide lubrication during the birthing procedure.
Removable Rump & Tail
- For easy cleaning and maintenance, the uterus bag unzips from the birth canal for cleaning, and the rump and tail can be removed from the cow.
- Both the Holsim Milking Udder and Cupping Udder are compatible with this model and can be bolted onto the underside of the bovine for practicing milking, mastitis treatment applications and cupping.